Learning XPages: available resourcesFebruary 15th, 2012
I often hear people new to XPages ask: what resources are available if you want to learn XPages?
The following lists (some of the) available resources if you want to learn XPages.
IBM provided resources
- Direct help in Domino Designer using Help - Help Contents and hitting F1 - also available as an IBM Information Center. It includes a tutorial on creating an XPages application, a section on designing XPages applications, and a XPages reference guide.
- Lotus Notes and Domino Application Development wiki (including community articles such as Getting Started with XPages, Tutorial: Introduction to XPages, a whole section with tutorial articles and much more)
- The Notes Domino Application Development wiki
- Redbooks wiki: Building Domino Web Applications using Domino 8.5.1
- Redbooks wiki: Lotus Domino Development Best Practices
- IBM Press: Mastering XPages: A Step-by-Step Guide to XPages Application Development and the XSP Language
- IBM Press: XPages Portable Command Guide: A Compact Resource to XPages Application Development and the XSP Language
- IBM Press: XPages Extension Library: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Next Generation of XPages Components (to be released in May 2012)
Free community provided resources
- XPages.info: lots of links to useful resources
- XPages.TV: Notes In 9 videos, 2 hours of XPages jumpstart, and a introduction to Java for XPages develovers series
- XPagescheatsheet.com: home of the original XPages cheatsheet and the new Social Tools cheatsheet
- IBM.com Notes/Domino courses
- XPages 101 video training and XPages 201 classroom training
- TLCC developer courses
- Instructor led courses by various instructors such as myself
Community provided support
- There are lots of blogs that cover XPages. Keep an eye on the XPages.info/news section that is updated daily with links to blog entries, wiki articles, OpenNTF projects and more.